Thursday, April 28, 2011

Marshmallow Fondant's first trails

Nearly all cake shows or programs revolving around cakes now include decorating their cakes with fondant. I had no idea what EXACTLY was fondant. I never encountered fondant in real life. Never touched it, never had it on any baked goods, and until recently didn't know you could buy it in stores.







I wanted to know what the story was with fondant and if I could make it at home. Turns out you can. If you melt a bag of marshmallows with some water and add powdered sugar, you'll get
fondant. So as simple as that is, I needed to try it out. I wanted to make some small things to top some cupcakes for a friends birthday.

Working with it and using it definitely comes with a learning curve. I'm slowing getting better :) The pieces for the cupcakes didn't use all the fondant up, so I used it to also decorated some sugar cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment